Ivermectin was discovered in 1975 and entered medical use in 1981. It is on the WHO list of essential medicines. Ivermectin is a drug used to treat many types of parasite infections. These include head lice, scabies, river blindness, strongyloidiasis, ascariasis, and lymphatic filariasis. It can be taken orally or applied to the skin during external invasions.
Ivermectin tablets 3 mg, 6 mg, 12 mg online
Brand name: Stromectol
Indications: strongyloidiasis, onchocerciasis (river blindness), ascariasis, lymphatic filariasis, head lice, scabies, COVID-19, rosacea (Ivermectin 1% cream).
Ivermectin: mechanism of action
Ivermectin (Stromectol) causes the death of parasites, primarily through selective binding with high affinity to glutamate-dependent chloride channels found in nerve and muscle cells of invertebrates. The exact mechanism of action of Ivermectin 1% cream in the treatment of inflammatory rosacea lesions is unknown, but it may be related to the anti-inflammatory effect of Ivermectin, as well as the death of the Demodex mite, which has been reported to be a factor in skin inflammation.
In the ophthalmology field, Ivermectin for humans can be used in the treatment of some types of filariasis, a parasitic infection caused by nematodes (cylindrical worms) of the Filariidae family. The ocular manifestations of filariasis can be very serious because the parasites can lurk in the conjunctiva or go deeper inside the eyeball. Ivermectin is effective against these species of heartworm:
- Brugia Malayi and Wuchereria Bancrofti that cause lymphatic filariasis and are transmitted by mosquito bites
- Loa and Onchocerca volvulus that causes subcutaneous filariasis and is transmitted by several species of flies
This type of parasitosis is more widespread in geographical areas such as Southeast Asia, Africa, and Latin America, however, the progressive increase in the movement of people for tourist, work, or migratory reasons increases the possibility for ophthalmologists to find these pathologies.
Ivermectin for COVID-19
The attention of the media in this period is obviously monopolized by the coronavirus. As is known, at the moment there is no universally accepted specific therapy. Numerous clinical trials are underway that test drugs already approved for the treatment of other diseases, but which have shown promising antiviral or anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive effects against the coronavirus.
Ivermectin: coronavirus fighter?
Ivermectin recently made headlines thanks to an Australian study conducted in vitro on cells infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus. In fact, the authors of the study found that, within 48 hours, a single dose of Ivermectin is able to almost completely eliminate the viral load in cell cultures.
The hypothesis promoted by the Australian group that Ivermectin is effective against the coronavirus is based on preliminary in vitro data. It is still early to affirm its real usefulness against the coronavirus and it is necessary to proceed with human trials. Given the high scientific and social interest linked to the coronavirus issue, it is likely that further studies will be published shortly.
Ivermectin is generally used as a broad-spectrum antiparasitic drug, it has been tested against the coronavirus as it also has antiviral activity, for example against HIV1, the virus responsible for Dengue fever and West Nile virus. Fortunately, Ivermectin is a drug included among those essentials by the WHO, and it has a low cost together with a high safety profile.
What about other Ivermectin COVID studies?
The results of the studies analyzed in Liverpool and carried out in Spain, Argentina, Egypt, Iran, India, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Pakistan, Turkey, Argentina, and Iraq show a reduction in time until the virus is eliminated, a reduction in hospital stay, a clinical recovery rate greater than 43% and survival rates greater than 83%.
However, British researchers advise against approving the use of Ivermectin until further studies are carried out. “Efficiency must be validated in larger randomized trials before the results are sufficient for regulatory review” is mentioned in the Liverpool research.
And there is also a study “Dose-Finding Clinical Trial on Ivermectin for the early Treatment of COVID-19” promoted by the IRCCS Sacro Cuore Don Calabria in Negrar di Valpolicella which aims to evaluate whether Ivermectin, administered once a day for five consecutive days, is safe for patients with initial, asymptomatic or paucisymptomatic SARS-CoV2 infection and if it reduces the SARS-CoV2 viral load on day 7.
Ivermectin has been long used for a wide range of parasitic infections, with wider potential indications has been shown to be effective in reducing viral load by 99.98% in 48 hours in vitro cultured cells infected with SARS-CoV2. As also demonstrated by Australian research published in April 2020 describing the effect of Ivermectin on SARS-CoV2 in a laboratory setting.
But according to the US regulatory agency, the FDA, this type of laboratory study is commonly used at an early stage of drug development, and the agency warns that further tests are needed to determine if Ivermectin COVID-19 up-to-date protocols may be appropriate for drug development.
When to buy Ivermectin?
What is Ivermectin used for? Here are a few diseases:
- Head lice
- Onchocerciasis (River blindness)
- Lymphatic filariasis, etc.
Once you are sure that you have some symptoms of parasite infections, you should contact your doctor to find out about Stromectol online or offline. Here are a few typical symptoms for you to know. If you have had one of the diseases in the past, you can buy Stromectol over the counter to save your time and get rid of the symptoms as soon as possible.
Symptoms of scabies:
- Severe itching, worse at night
- Rash in the interdigital folds, on the flexion surfaces of the wrist joints, in the ulnar fossa, the anterior surface of the armpits, abdomen, or thighs
Head lice symptoms:
- increasing itching that leads to significant wounds and scratching
- increased irritability or sleep disturbance
- hair tangling, brittleness, and dryness
- the appearance of an allergic rash on the face and other parts of the body
- the presence of reddish bite spots on the scalp
Symptoms of demodicosis
- severe acne
- itching and swelling of the eyelids
- often tired eyes
- the appearance of scales at the roots of the eyelashes
- falling eyelashes
- regular barley
How to take Stromectol?
Stromectol tablets contain ivermectin (3 mg) (the main ingredient), which is an anthelmintic drug used to treat various parasitic diseases. They also contain microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized corn starch, butylated hydroxyanisole, anhydrous citric acid, and magnesium stearate.
You can find Stromectol 3 mg tablets, 6 mg tablets, and 12 mg tablets. The dose depends on the disease you want to treat or the number of people in your family that you treat at once.
When treating helminthiasis for patients over 5 years of age, it is recommended to use a dose of 0.15–0.2 mg/kg only once. For the treatment of scabies, the recommended dose is 0.2 mg/kg as a single dose.
Here’s a recommendation for the treatment of angiilulosis of the gastrointestinal tract:
|Weight, lb||# of 3 mg pills|
|33 – 52||1|
|53 – 78||2|
|79 – 110||3|
|111 – 143||4|
|144 – 174||5|
The recommended dose for mass treatment campaigns for Wuchereria Bancrofti microfilaraemia is approximately 75 to 110 mcg of Ivermectin per pound of body weight taken orally every 6 months.
In endemic areas where treatment can only be given once every 12 months, the recommended dose is 150-200 mcg of Ivermectin per pound of body weight to maintain sufficient suppression of microfilaria in those receiving treatment.
How to take Stromectol:
- Take this medicine by mouth
- For children under 6 years old, the tablets should be crushed before swallowing
- Take the number of tablets prescribed by your doctor at one time with water on an empty stomach. Do not take food for 2 hours before or after taking the tablets, as the influence of food on the absorption of the medicine by your body is not known.
Stromectol and alcohol
Do not drink alcohol while taking Ivermectin pills, as alcohol can induce some of the side effects of this medication and negatively affect your health.
Stromectol for pregnant women
The appointment of the drug to a pregnant woman can be carried out after assessing the balance of benefits and risks. There is no information on the safety of the use of Ivermectin for this category of patients. Care must be taken. In addition, a small amount of the drug was found in breast milk, caution should be exercised when using the drug by breastfeeding women and also assess the benefit/risk ratio.
Stromectol for kids
There is no information on the safety of using Ivermectin in children under 5 years of age; therefore, the use of Ivermectin in this category of patients is contraindicated.
Stromectol for pets
Ivermectin for dogs and cats is sometimes used for the prevention and treatment of heartworms among other diseases.
We recommend you contact your medical doctor right after you feel any of these symptoms:
- Allergic reactions
- Feeling weak in an unusual way
- Loss of appetite, abdominal pain, constipation, or diarrhea
- Nausea or vomiting
- Feeling drowsy or dizzy
- Shivering or trembling
- If you think Stromectol is too strong or too weak, consult your doctor or pharmacist
- If you take more Stromectol than you should, see your doctor immediately
- The safety of using Ivermectin in elderly patients has not been fully studied. Ivermectin should be used with caution taking into account age-related changes of the liver function and existing concomitant diseases
- The drug is metabolized in the liver. This fact should be taken into account when prescribing Ivermectin to patients with impaired liver function, since in this case there may be an accumulation of the drug to increase the risk of unwanted reactions
- If there are any diseases of the central nervous system, Ivermectin should be used with caution, especially in patients with epilepsy or meningitis
- It is necessary to strictly adhere to the treatment regimen. If there is no improvement within a few days, or if new symptoms develop, you should see your doctor
This medicine does not require any special storage conditions. Do not dispose of medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
Ivermectin’s cost is affordable despite the number of pills you need for treatment. The more pills you buy at once, the more you save. As a patient, you can buy Stromectol in a form of pills with a different dosage of the main ingredient.
Here are some samples of prices for Stromectol over the counter.
Ivermectin for sale at online stores where Stromectol dose is 3mg, 6 mg, 12 mg:
|Dosage||# of pills||Cost||$ per pill|
Where to buy Ivermectin for humans
The pharmaceutical business is at the peak of its popularity today. You can order Ivermectin without a prescription or any other medication at the online pharmacy in two clicks.
Who makes Ivermectin?
|Ivermectin brand name||Produced in|
|Ivomec by Merck||Canada|
|Scabo 6||Southeast Asian countries|
In addition, the online pharmacy has the following advantages:
- You’ll find only high-quality pharmaceutical products. All medications are pre-tested. In addition, the online pharmacy has the necessary certificates of conformity for all products sold.
- Thanks to a wide range of drugs, it is possible to choose those drugs that clearly meet the doctor’s prescription and the characteristics of the patient’s body.
- The online service helps to find any drug very quickly. In addition, fast delivery of the required products to any part of the USA, Canada, the UK or any other country of the world.
- Online pharmacy periodically gives its customers the opportunity to buy medicines at a very nice price. Just check the discounts.